John Bang is a graduate of Rutgers Law School –Newark where he achieved the rarest distinction of being a senior editor of a law journal while still a first year law student. Since then, Mr. Bang has received countless awards and honors from every level of government as well as a wide variety of community organizations. He has had the privilege of serving all four levels of government at the same time; as a Senior Aide to a U.S. Senator, a Commissioner under the Governor of NJ, a member of the Bergen County Health and Human Services Advisory Council, and as the appointed Public Defender in the Boroughs of Closter and Rockleigh, NJ. Mr. Bang has been interviewed, mentioned or profiled in every Korean language newspaper, the Bergen Record, the Star-Ledger, New York Times as well as a number of television news programs including Channel 4 News.
Between 2003 and 2009, Mr. Bang served as a senior aide to a United States Senator. During that time, Mr. Bang and his staff helped over 14,000 NJ residents resolve a variety of problems and issues. Mr. Bang is a former elected member on the Fort Lee Board of Education and currently serves as the Democratic Chairman of the 37th Legislative District of NJ. Mr. Bang is also a Commissioner of the Bergen County Improvement Authority.
At The Choi Law Group, LLC, Mr. Bang focuses his practice on Property Tax Appeals.
Including representing private individuals and corporations, Mr. Bang serves as Tax Counsel to several government entities including:
- Special Counsel, Bergen County Clerk’s Office
- Tax Court Attorney, Borough of Carlstadt, NJ
- Tax Court Attorney, Borough of Bergenfield, NJ
- Tax Court Attorney, Township of Saddle Brook, NJ
- Tax Court Attorney, Residential Properties, Borough of Paramus, NJ
- Alternate Tax Court Attorney, Borough of Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Alternate Tax Court Attorney, Borough of Fort Lee, NJ
- Alternate Tax Court Attorney, Borough of Paramus, NJ
- Alternate Tax Court Attorney, Borough of Ridgefield, NJ