Property Tax Appeals
Property Tax Appeal practice is unlike any other field of law. There is a small group of attorneys who specialize and practice before the Tax Court. It is very often the case that the best advocates are the ones who are familiar with their counterparts and especially the attorneys representing municipalities, as well as knowing property values.
Aggressive litigation tactics or adversarial attitudes, which may be effective in such fields as personal injury or criminal defense, may prevent a satisfactorily negotiated settlement as well as increase the delay in resolution.
It is important that you work with a tax appeal attorney who:
- Understands the unique rules and practices of Tax Court;
- Has a good working relationship based on trust and respect with other tax appeal attorneys (especially attorneys who represent municipalities);
- Understands property values and real estate markets.
If you own or lease real property and you think that your property tax assessment may be high, please contact The Choi Law Group, LLC to discuss how you may possibly save substantial money per year in property tax payments.
Please bear in mind that you can only challenge your tax assessment (property value) and not how much you actually pay in property taxes. Further, because The Choi Law Group, LLC and/or its attorneys cannot represent you in regards to your property tax appeal in municipalities where we represent the municipality, we cannot represent you in the following municipalities:
- Borough of Bergenfield, NJ
- Borough of Carlstadt, NJ
- Borough of Englewood Cliffs
- Borough of Fort Lee, NJ
- Borough of Ridgefield, NJ
- Township of Saddle Brook, NJ