PTI AND GUN POSSESSION CHARGES IN NEW JERSEY   The Choi Law Group recently obtained a successful disposition for a defendant who was charged with unlawful possession of a handgun under N.J.S.A. 2C:39-5. Unlawful possession of a handgun is a serious charge in New Jersey, and incarceration is often unavoidable. The sentencing for a […]

The Basics of Domestic Violence

The Basics of Domestic Violence   Q. What is a restraining order? A Restraining Order is an Order issued by a Court that is designed to protect a victim of domestic violence. The Order typically directs the abuser to stay away and have no contact whatsoever, directly or indirectly, with the victim. If the parties […]

H1B Nonimmigrant Visa

H1B Nonimmigrant Visa 1.  H 1B visa in general. An H1B visa is a one of temporary worker visas for persons who want to enter the United States for employment lasting a fixed period of time. This visa requires the prospective employer to first file a petition for a foreign worker with U.S. Citizenship and […]

Driving While Intoxicated

Driving While Intoxicated Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) is unlawful pursuant New Jersey Statute NJSA 39:4-50 et seq. Specifically, it is unlawful to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of intoxicating liquor (and/or drugs). If a driver’s Blood Alcohol Content (“BAC”) is .08% or more, a per se violation of DWI may be found. […]

Expungements of Criminal Records in New Jersey

Expungements of Criminal Records in New Jersey We understand that good people sometimes make bad mistakes. Bad mistakes, however, have consequences. One of those consequences may be a criminal record of an arrest, charge and/or conviction. Even if you entered into a diversionary program where you had the benefit of a dismissal of a case […]

Green Card through Marriage Application

Family Based Immigration -Green Card through Marriage Application- There are many options to get a Green Card through Marriage to a U.S. Citizen (“USC”) or Lawful Permanent Resident (“LPR”). Green Card through Marriage to a USC It is well known that marriage to a USC is the fastest and easiest way to get a Green […]

Do You Need a Will?

One of the most frequent questions we hear in the area of estate planning is whether you should have a Last Will and Testament prepared in order to exercise some degree of control over how not only your assets are managed after death, but also how your family is taken care of in your absence. […]

Investor Alert – Immigrant Investor Program(EB-5)

The EB-5 program provides certain foreign investors who can demonstrate that their investments are creating jobs in this country, with a potential avenue to lawful permanent residency in the United States. Through EB-5, a foreign investor who invests a certain amount of money that is placed at risk, and creates or preserves a minimum number [...]
error: Content is protected !!